External wall insulation (EWI) is insulation that is adhesively & mechanically fixed to the exterior substrate of a building, and then rendered to give a protective finish. This is an innovative solution which improves structural and thermal performance as well as the overall aesthetics.
There are a number of finishes that can be applied. These range from textured render, pebble-dash or sometimes a brick slip or a brick effect. All of which can be used in a multitude of different colours and textures.
What are the benefits of external wall insulation?
- Savings on heating bills – reducing heat loss through walls can save up to 45%
- Improved comfort – a warm, dry building without condensation or damp
- Enhanced appearance – through our high-quality external finishes
- Increased property value – a more energy efficient building with an attractive facade
- Low maintenance – the highly durable render is rain and UV-proof
- Help the environment – reducing heat loss reduces the buildings carbon footprint
- Low impact project – no need to vacate the building as all the work takes place outside
- No effect on internal space – all the insulation is on the outside walls